- You can listen to virtually any podcast on your Android device, just like you can with Apple Podcasts on your iPhone.
- To listen to your favorite podcasts on Android, install a podcast app like Google Podcasts and subscribe to the shows you want to hear to have them downloaded automatically.
- You can also find many podcasts on the podcast host’s website and stream them from there.
- Check out the Business Insider Tech Reference library for more stories.
Podcasts have long been linked to Apple devices, probably because it was easy to link podcasts to the original Apple iPod.
The reality, of course, is that no mobile platform is entitled to podcasts, and virtually every podcast you can find in the iPhone’s Apple Podcasts app is also available for Android.
Here are two different ways to find and listen to podcasts on Android.
How to Listen to Podcasts on Android Using Google Podcasts
Without a doubt, the easiest way to listen to podcasts is to subscribe to them in a podcast app. You can use Google Podcasts or any third-party podcast app out there, such as: B. Stitcher, Pocket Casts and even Spotify.
1. To try out the official Google Podcasts app, install Google Podcasts from the Google Play Store.
2. You can browse the Explore page. However, to find a specific podcast, tap the search bar at the top of the page and enter the name of the podcast you’re looking for.
3. In the search results, tap the podcast that you want to listen to.
4. The next page has an entry for the show itself at the top of the page, followed by a list of individual episodes and other results. At the top of the page, tap the entry for the podcast.
5. To subscribe to the show, which will automatically download the latest episode to your phone when it becomes available, tap Subscribe.
6. To listen to a specific episode, scroll through the list of episodes and tap the play button for the one you want to hear.
How to listen to podcasts on Android from a website
If you don’t want to go to the hassle of installing a podcast app and subscribing to shows, you might be able to listen to a podcast through your mobile web browser. Many (but not all) podcasts can be streamed from the host’s website.
1. In a browser on your Android device, open the webpage that contains the podcast. You may have to look for it. For example, if you search for “NPR podcast,” it would take you to npr.com/podcasts.
2. Find the podcast show or episode that you want to listen to.
3. Tap the Play or Listen button to start streaming to your phone.