Tuesday, November 24, 2020
One day before the decisive federal-state round on corona measures, the federal and state governments presented a new package of measures. According to a paper available to ntv.de, the head of the Federal Chancellery and the heads of the state chancellery agreed that there should be requirements for the retail trade again in the future. In addition, the paper emphasizes that further restrictions are also expected for restaurants and hotels in January.
The paper builds on the resolution of the 16 prime ministers on Monday evening, which Chancellor Angela Merkel praised as a “good template” at the Union parliamentary group meeting. The prime ministers and then Merkel’s bosses still have to approve the latest proposals from the state chancellery on Wednesday. Merkel will make a government statement in the Bundestag on Thursday.
The federal states have already agreed that the closings of restaurants, leisure and cultural facilities should be extended until December 20. Under pressure from the federal government, a passage was deleted in the deliberations of the state chancelleries that perhaps it should be possible to open the cultural area earlier if the number of new infections drops. But there should still be regional differentiation. For example, Schleswig-Holstein and Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania insisted that, given the low and already declining number of corona infections, they could open restaurants earlier.
More distance in the Christmas business
Retail should remain open. In order to avoid overcrowding during the Christmas business, the number of people should be limited to one customer per 25 square meters in shops at the request of the federal government. A similar regulation already existed in spring during the first corona wave. The contact rules are now to be tightened, but will be temporarily relaxed from December 23 to January 1.
The contact rules are now to be tightened, but temporarily relaxed from December 23 to January 1. During this time, with a view to Christmas, “meetings of a household with non-household family members or non-household persons up to a maximum of ten people in total” should be allowed. Children up to 14 years are excluded. Otherwise the contacts should be reduced to two households and five people. In the case of cold symptoms before Christmas, a more generous test option should also be offered.
According to the Prime Minister and the federal government, there should be no general fireworks ban, but no public fireworks, in order to avoid mass gatherings on New Year’s Eve. Deutsche Bahn is to significantly expand its space and only reserve window seats in winter in order to avoid too many passengers.
The country draft provides for these measures in detail:
- It should be meet a maximum of five people from a maximum of two households allowed to. Children up to 14 years of age are exempt from this. Schleswig-Holstein does not want to support this tightened restriction and continues to allow private meetings with up to ten people.
- Exception: Christmas days are to be considered separately. From December 23, 2020 to January 1, 2021 meet a maximum of ten people allowed to. The restriction to two households has also been lifted here. Children up to the age of 14 are also not counted.
- Before meeting older family members at Christmas, all citizens should reduce their contacts and a protection week plan on.
- The federal and state governments want to deal with religious communities Church services speak. Large events should be avoided.
- On New Year’s fireworks should be avoided will. The lighting of fireworks should be prohibited in busy places, public fireworks are prohibited. However, the sale of pyrotechnics should not be prohibited in general.
- Employers should check whether company holidays from December 23, 2020 to January 1, 2021 are possible, if necessary “generous home office solutions” to be decided.
- Should the regional incidence drop to “significantly less” than 50 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants within seven days, openings can be made gradually. However, the principle of avoiding contact should continue to apply. Outdoor events, for example, should be given preference over indoor events.
- Childcare facilities as well Schools should definitely remain open, according to the agreement of the country leaders, this is “of the utmost importance”. In regions with a high incidence, mouth and nose protection should be mandatory from grade seven. This can also be introduced for the younger classes.
- In Schools should increasingly use rapid antigen teststo uncover chains of infection. A suspected quarantine should last five days, a decision on whether to resume classes is then also made by means of a rapid antigen test. Students who test positive will be retested for readmission after three days.
- Pro People in need of care are provided with 30 rapid tests per month. In addition, special protective measures should be taken for hospitals, nursing homes, senior citizens’ and disabled facilities. For this group, the federal government is to issue FFP2 masks “for a small contribution” from December.
- The Home quarantine should be set to ten days in all federal states. The quarantine time can be shortened with the help of the larger number of rapid antigen tests available.
- The financial corona aid for companies, the self-employed, associations and institutions are to be continued. The economic sectors, which foreseeably continue to have “considerable restrictions on their business operations”, are to be supported by the federal government within the framework of bridging aid III until mid-2021.
- The countries undertake to to set up vaccination centers and structures in good time, the federal government should also support the states with personnel. Delivery of the vaccine is expected in December.
- The Wear the mouth and nose covering in public closed spaces is still mandatory. This also applies to places open to the public that are restricted by the federal states.
- For Travel by train only window seats can be reserved. Mask controls on trains are being intensified.