- The Infection process in the Corona-Pandemie is in Germany very high for months
- How do they work Relaxations in the medium term on the development of Case numbers out?
- How high are they Corona numbers in Germany today, on 25.12.20, Christmas Day?
Corona numbers in Germany: What are the effects of easing at Christmas and possible mutations?
Despite all the joy about the easing of Christmas, the Corona numbers in Germany are still today, on December 25th, 2020. How high are they according to the information provided by the RKI? And how high are they compared to the Friday of the previous week, Friday, December 18, 2020?
Corona numbers for Germany according to the RKI dashboard today: Current case numbers and new infections on December 25, 2020
- “Zeit Online” is the name of this morning 26.621 New infections. The figures from Zeit Online are based on direct information from the districts. They are less affected by delayed reporting chains than the statistics from the Robert Koch Institute and can therefore deviate.
- According to “time” there was 176.715 confirmed new infections in the last 7 days.
- Infected: According to the RKI, the total number of infections since the start of the pandemic in Germany is 1.612.648 Cases.
- Tote: The number of people who died with or from a corona infection was added on Tuesday 29.182.
- These are 412 More dead than the day before. On Saturday a week ago were from the RKI 702 new deaths have been recorded. According to Zeit Online there was a total of 549 Record dead.
- Recovered: According to the RKI, the number of those who have recovered is around 1.206.200.
- R value: In its current situation report, the RKI gives a so-called seven-day R. This value relates to a longer period of time and is therefore less subject to daily fluctuations. This value was with 0,97 (Previous day: 0.92) specify. The value represents the occurrence of the infection 8 to 16 days ago. If the value is below 1 for a long time, the infection rate subsides.
- 7-day incidence: The relevant for assessing the situation and for decisions relating to the lockdown 7 day incidence rises steadily. The value quantifies the new infections per 100,000 inhabitants within seven days and is currently at 188,8.
However, the figures are only partially comparable with the values of the previous week. The RKI expected one during the holidays fewer tests and with fewer reports from the health authorities.
Current corona numbers for Germany and the federal states in the RKI dashboard
The Robert Koch Institute sees itself as “the Public Health Institute for Germany” according to its own information on its homepage. The primary task is to protect the population in the Federal Republic from diseases and to improve their state of health. This is what 1100 people from 90 different professions work and research together every day at the RKI.
Corona in Germany: The number of patients in intensive care units is steadily increasing
The number of patients in intensive care units and deaths had recently tended to rise, which was expected after the steep increase in new infections. The German Interdisciplinary Association for Intensive Care and Emergency Medicine (Divi) expects that the lockdown will only lead to falling deaths after weeks due to the time from infection to possible death. The total number of people who died with or with a proven infection with Sars-CoV-2 has now risen to more than 28,000.
The Corona year 2020 in Germany – a look back
The German intensive care physicians expect a further increase in Covid 19 patients in intensive care units in the coming weeks. “We are expecting the peak in the next two to three weeks,” said Christian Karagiannidis from the Cologne clinics on Tuesday afternoon at a Divi press conference. According to the Divi daily register, 5216 Covid-19 patients were treated in intensive care units on Tuesday. Karagiannidis said he expects that there will be “around 6000” intensive care patients at the same time in January.
Current survey: Two thirds of Germans want to be vaccinated
Corona deaths in Germany: Record number of deaths according to the RKI on Wednesday