Free new master level – Super Blood Nest
- A completely new combat experience, created from the ground up and designed to challenge players beyond anything they experienced in the campaign.
- The environmental conditions and sources of danger in the area keep players on their toes and change the way they must approach their battles.
- Brand new rewards such as player symbols, name badges and cosmetic items that can be earned by completing the Super Blood Nest Master Level on different difficulty levels and in different modes.
- The master level only starts with the combat shotgun. You have to find the rest of the weapons and the mods in the level to expand your arsenal and ensure you have a chance of survival.
Added difficulty level “Extra Lives”
- For those who like to hone their skills and are interested in a more severe challenge, we have added an extra life mode: When the extra lives are all, eternal death follows. A great new option for those training on an ultra nightmare run. Time to go on a secret hunt!
Added Ultra Nightmare difficulty level
- Slayers with black belts can put their skills to the ultimate test here: We have added an ultra-nightmare difficulty level to the new master level. She punishes you with Permadeath (i.e.: once dead and that’s it) and denies you any extra lives.
Updates and improvements for Xbox
Xbox Series X
- Standard resolution in backward compatibility mode increased to 4K at 60 Hz (with dynamic resolution scaling).
Xbox Series S
- Standard resolution in backward compatibility mode increased to 1080p at 60 Hz (with dynamic resolution scaling).
Updates and improvements for ALL platforms
- Added “Quick Switch” loading screen tip for BATTLE MODE and Campaign.
- Third live tile in the main menu has been added.
- A preview functionality at the end of the level has been added, which allows players to find out more about the items as they progress in the current live event.
Main campaign bug fixes for ALL platforms
- Fixed a bug caused by Update 3 that showed the mission challenge completed as 0%.
- Fixed a bug caused by Update 3 that prevented players from accessing master levels via the kiosk in the Fortress of DOOM.
- Fixed an issue where the Groups tab in the Social menu would lose its functionality if a group was left while playing the campaign on Ultra Nightmare.
Bug fixes in DOOM Eternal: The Ancient Gods, Part One for ALL platforms
- Fixed a bug that could lead to a crash if, after the fight against the Marauder in UAC Atlantica, the film sequence with the destruction of the facility was skipped.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to remain floating in mid-air after exiting water in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug that could cause problems if players got into the water immediately after a save point and exited the game before they had reached another save point.
New BATTLE MODE updates for ALL platforms
- Fixed an issue where the Earthquake attack of a Carcass summoned by the player demon would not damage the Slayer.
- The speed of the slayer when using the meat hook mod of the super shotgun has been increased.
Bug fixes in BATTLE MODE for ALL platforms
- Fixed a bug that caused the Super Shotgun to do more damage than intended to a player demon’s armored ability.
- Fixed a bug where the Archvile’s fireballs could have a beveled trajectory when shot through the wall of flames at an angle.
- Fixed an issue where the progress of the milestones “Want to be wiped out once?” And “Aggressive transfusion” was not registered in BATTLE MODE.
- Fixed a bug where resetting the demon controls would only reset the controls of the Archvile to default.
- Fixed a bug where the Slayer player’s nameplate would sometimes stay briefly on the player demon’s HUD after teleporting.
- Fixed a bug in BATTLE MODE on PC that caused the playable Revenant to suffer significantly less damage than expected.