Process of planned attack on Muslims has started | NDR.de – Nachrichten – Lower Saxony

0
6


Status: 07.12.2020 3:07 p.m.

A 22-year-old has had to answer before the Hildesheim district court since Monday. He is said to have planned to kill Muslims. He is said to have threatened a family with death in a chat.

According to the prosecution, the young man had already bought two professional crossbows, several knives and a baton. According to the attorney general’s office, his plan was triggered by the attacks on two mosques in New Zealand Christchurch in March 2019. Since then, the 22-year-old has dealt with right-wing extremist ideas and his own attack plans. He is charged, among other things, with the preparation of a serious act of violence endangering the state in unity with terrorist financing.


VIDEO: Start of the process: announcement of an attack on Muslims (2 min)

Indictment: Man wanted to kill at least 20 people

The 22-year-old wanted to kill at least 20 people and thus become a “legend” that it was “the most important thing” in his life, the prosecutor quoted him as he read out the indictment on Monday. The young man was outwardly unmoved and answered the judge’s questions about his personal details clearly and precisely. He is unemployed and lives in Hildesheim. He also wanted to comment on the charge, as his lawyer assured.

Videos

Sabine Diekmann, Public Prosecutor's Office in Celle
1 Min

Weapons and data carriers were confiscated from the accused’s apartment in Hildesheim. (06/08/2020) 1 min

Chat partner alerts the police

The man was arrested because at the end of May he had written to an interlocutor in an anonymous Internet chat that he was with weapons in front of a mosque. He intends to kill Muslims. His chat partner then informed the police. A day later, the 22-year-old was taken into custody by special forces in his apartment. Since then he has been in custody.

The accused is said to have threatened family with death

The defendant is also accused of insulting a girl, who was then 15 years old, in chat messages in May 2017. He is said to have threatened the stepbrother and mother, also in chat messages, with killing the girl and mother. In 2019 he is said to have made racist comments in a chat.

The process is negotiated before the youth chamber

Because the accused was still considered an adolescent at the age of 18 at the time of individual allegations, the 3rd major criminal chamber, which acts as a youth chamber, is negotiating the case. The next trial date is set for December 18th. Then the defendant could comment on the allegations.

Further information

The statue of Justitia is backlit with scales and a sword in hand.  © picture-alliance Photo: Arne Dedert

He is said to have announced the project in a chat. The trial at the Hildesheim Regional Court begins on December 7th. (11/11/2020) more

Exterior view of the Higher Regional Court of Celle.  A person walks towards the front door.  Photo: Hans-Christian Hoffmann

According to the public prosecutor’s office, a 21-year-old from Hildesheim is said to have announced an attack on Muslims. The police seized weapons in his home. (08.06.2020) more

Anytime to listen to

The town hall on the Maschsee.  © NDR Photo: Julius Matuschik
10 Min

You can hear what is important in your region in the recording of the 17:00 regional news on NDR 1 Lower Saxony. 10 min

This topic in the program:

NDR 1 Lower Saxony | Current | 07.12.2020 | 12:00 o’clock

NDR Logo



Source link
https://www.ndr.de/nachrichten/niedersachsen/hannover_weser-leinegebiet/Prozess-um-geplanten-Anschlag-auf-Muslime-hat-begonnen,prozess6128.html

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here