2.0 / 35mm DG DN | Contemporar – here with and without the supplied lens hood – offers professional performance in a compact, high-quality housing.
The Sigma I-Series is a lens series of compact, beautifully designed high-performance optics for mirrorless camera systems. Part of the first collection is the versatile Sigma 35mm Prime lens, which expands the Contemporary product line. It combines excellent resolution with a small body that is perfectly weighted for mirrorless systems.
The 2.0 / 35mm DG DN | Contemporary is one of the classic standard primes that photographers are reluctant to compromise on. The lens has a maximum aperture of F2 and offers both compactness and high optical performance. Its small size and light weight make it absolutely handy and therefore a potential everyday companion. Due to its excellent optical quality, its large aperture and its high-quality body, which stands for the I-Series, it is just as suitable for professional photography, such as astrophotography, and also for video recordings. This brand new standard lens was developed for photographers who value the photo experience as much as the quality of the results.
1. I-Series µPremium Compact Primes »for mirrorless cameras: The Sigma I-Series includes full-format compatible lenses that provide users of mirrorless systems with new and better alternatives – both in terms of the experience when working with the lens and in terms of the impressive image results.
2. New standards of optical performance for the Contemporary line of products: The 35mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary brings the highest optical performance with an aperture of F2 to days with a compact lens body that is perfectly designed for mirrorless systems.
The longitudinal color errors, a point that is of particular importance in a fast lens, are optimally corrected with SLD glass. Sophisticated placement of lens elements with a high refractive index also ensures effective correction of various types of aberration. The use of three high-precision, blank-pressed aspherical glass lenses, which can be manufactured thanks to the latest processing technology in the factory in Aizu, Sigma’s only production site, also contributes to the exceptional performance. These elements correct the spherical aberration and curvature of field, and also suppress reflections and fluctuation in aberration at the time of focusing. And yet, all in all, the amount of glass used could be kept to a minimum.
The lens design also stands for a very good correction of the sagittal coma, so that details can be captured so finely that it can also be used for astrophotography. Thanks to the latest optical design and advanced processing technology, the 35mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary a uniform, high resolution over the entire image area.
3. Exceptional workmanship in a compact form: All I-Series lenses have a pure metal construction. The precision-cut aluminum parts not only give the tube a sleek, stylish finish, but also provide excellent durability that improves the quality of the entire product. Metal materials are also used for the inner construction, which harmonize with the operating rings and thus ensure additional robustness. These high-precision components, which are manufactured using Sigma’s latest metal processing technology and are also built into the range of cine lenses for professional filmmakers, offer an exquisite feel and barely perceptible operating noises, so that photographers will want to use them again and again.
The cover ring between the focus and aperture ring is manufactured to fit exactly, as is the case with the manufacture of the rear cylinders in the Art line. This cover provides a good grip when attaching or removing the lens.
- Lens construction: 10 elements in 9 groups, with one SLD glass and three aspherical lenses
- Compatible with high speed autofocus
- Stepper motor
- Compatible with lens-based optical correction (function only available in combination with supporting cameras. In addition, the correction options may differ depending on the camera model.)
- Dust and splash-proof connection
- Super multi-layer coating
- Aperture ring
- Focus mode switch
- Lens hood
- Compatible with the Sigma USB Dock UD-11 (sold separately / only for L-Mount)
- Design to minimize flare and ghosting
- Supports DMF, AF + MF (only in Sony E-Mount)
- Internal focus
- Every single lens passes through Sigma’s own MTF measuring system “A1”.
- 9-lamellar round aperture
- High-precision and robust brass bayonet
- Craftsmanship “Made in Japan”
Price and availability
The new wide angle «Sigma 2.0 / 35mm DG DN | Contemporary ”should be available from January 2021 with an L-mount and a“ Sony E ”mount. Its price (RRP) in Switzerland is 875 francs.
The scope of delivery includes a magnetic metal lens cover (front cap LCF58-01M), a tulip-shaped lens hood (lens hood LH636-01), as well as a front and a rear cover.
Sigma 2.0 / 35mm DG DN (product page)
Sigma I-Series (Microsite)
Sigma photo lenses (overview page, in English)
Sigma (manufacturer’s site)
Sigma products are distributed in Switzerland by:
Ott + Wyss AG
Tel. 062 746 01 00
|Sigma 1:2,0/35mm DG DN | Contemporary – specifications|
|Internat. Name||35mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary|
|Available connections||E-Mount, L-Mount|
|Angle of view||63,4°|
|Aperture blades||9 (round aperture)|
|construction||10 elements in 9 groups|
|lenses||1 SLD, 3 Asphärische|
|Largest reproduction scale||1:5,7|
|Filter diameter||58 mm|
|Max. Ø x length||70 mm × 65,4 mm|
|scope of delivery||magnetic metal lens cover (Front-Cap LCF58-01M), tulip-shaped lens hood (Lens-Hood LH636-01),), front and rear covers|
|Sigma innovations of the «Contemporary» series – specifications|
|model||1: 3,5 / 24mm DG DN||1:2,0/35mm DG DN||1:2,0/65mm DG DN|
|Internat. Name||24mm F3.5 DG DN | Contemporary||35mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary||65mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary|
|Avail. connections||E-Mount, L-Mount||E-Mount, L-Mount||E-Mount, L-Mount|
|Angle of view||84,1°||63,4°||36,8°|
|Aperture blades||7 (round aperture)||9 (round aperture)||9 (round aperture)|
|construction||10 elements in 8 groups||10 elements in 9 groups||12 elements in 9 groups|
|Naheinstellgrenze||10,8 cm||27 cm||55 cm|
|Largest scale of illustration||1:2||1:5,7||1:6,8|
|Filter diameter||55 mm||58 mm||62 mm|
|Max. Diameter||64 mm||70 mm||72 mm|
|Long||48,8 mm||65,4 mm||74,7 mm|
|Weight||225 g||325 g||405 g|
|Price (RRP)||CHF 765.00||CHF 875.00||CHF 1025.00|
|Launch||February 2021||January 2021||January 2021|