The developers at Signal (App Store link) are currently particularly hardworking and want to provide all new and old users with more convenience. Version 5.3 has been available for download since yesterday and includes its own chat backgrounds. The standard backgrounds are a bit boring, monochrome or with a gradient, luckily you can now choose your own photos from the library. You can choose a wallpaper for all chats or a different one for each chat.
Signal: New in v 5.3
- This update supports animated stickers and includes the first official collection of animated stickers, “Day by Day” by Miguel Ángel Camprubí. In addition, you can create your own APNG sticker collections in Signal Desktop and share them in multiple conversations!
- Tell your friends what’s going on or share something new “about” yourself in your Signal profile.
- If you care about someone, tap their profile picture to see them in full screen.
- New setting to reduce data consumption when making calls.
- Automatically pause attachments from downloading during a call. You can pause and resume downloading attachments at any time – so waiting is not an agony.
- We have improved image compression and quality so that larger-than-life memories are always the right size.
- Conversation list preview now shows the sender name in group conversations. This makes it easier for you to decide which conversations to look at first.
- Signal conversations can now be displayed as suggestions when shared by other apps. This setting can be activated or deactivated at any time.
Signal is one of the winners and is seeing increasing user numbers after many users are looking for an alternative to WhatsApp. Are you with Signal now? How do you like the messenger?