Next search for survivors after landslide in Norway – world –

0
5



One body found so far, several people are still missing
© APA (AFP / NTB)

Three days after a violent landslide in Norway, the rescue workers make another attempt to find survivors in the disaster area. After the affected region was searched with drones and thermal cameras during the night, the emergency services set off on foot again on Saturday morning for the landslide area. It is still a rescue operation and one continues to hope to be able to find survivors, said the police chief Roy Alkvist.

There were no new finds during the night. Several people are still missing, Alkvist explained the current situation at a press conference in the morning. The landslide occurred early Wednesday morning in Ask in Gjerdrum municipality around 40 kilometers northeast of Oslo. It expanded to a length of about 700 meters and a width of 300 meters. At least ten people suffered injuries and nine houses collapsed as a result of their departure. Around 1,000 people were brought to safety.

On Friday, the emergency services found a first fatality in the landslide area. This person has not yet been identified, but she is probably one of the ten people who would be missing after the departure, the police said on Friday evening. According to a list of the police, two minors are among the missing, including a girl born in 2018. The oldest person on the list is a woman born in 1951.



[ source link ]
https://www.vol.at/weiter-suche-nach-ueberlebenden-nach-erdrutsch-in-norwegen/6854287

search survivors landslide #Norway world

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here