Will Hertha finally manage the first victory in the fourth game under Pal Dardai? Or is RB Leipzig one size too big for that? Sami Khedira could help to cause the surprise.
Update live ticker
64. Increasingly distracted game in the Olympic Stadium. Hertha holds against it well, does not let Leipzig come into play. But four doesn’t go forward either. The re is no playful element. But Dardai still has Guendouzi …
60. Hertha changes. Leckie and Lukebakio leave, Radonjic and Netz come.
58. Leipzig changes. Hwang and Haidara leave, Mukiele and Nkunku come.
57. Good played by Leipzig. Sabitzer on Hwang, but its flick from 14 meters then passes one meter to the right.
56. At Leipzig and also Hertha there are signs of a change.
You want the old soccer field rule “three corners, one penalty” back … 😉
52. By the way, it was the 99th corner this season. And not a single one brought anything! But maybe the anniversary corner will bring something …
51. Cunha! Approach Gulasci alone. He stops with his foot. Corner. Best chance for the Brazilian.
48. A bit hectic beginning on both sides at the beginning of the second half. Lots of ball losses.
Incidentally, no changes in both teams yet.
Piatek, Lukebakio had the chance to lead Hertha. But then Sabitzer worries on the opposite side with his blast from 30 meters.
It may sound stupid, but the Hertha appearance gives you courage and you want more. Apart from one or two half-chances, Leipzig had big problems getting into the game. Hertha with the better actions, the greater chances.
38. Cunha should not devote his energy to quarreling and lamenting. Strikes you again and again. We’re only in the 38th minute and it’s only 0: 1!
37. It was definitely an impact, this 1-0 score. Hertha is now a little too low, giving Leipzig more leeway. That could be dangerous.
35. Sabitzer makes the free kick from 25 meters, half a meter right past.
34. for Hertha Cunha, after foul.
That came as a real surprise, as nothing came of the game for the guests. And that’s why Sabitzer just lapped one out from around 30 meters. The ball slipped a little over his slipper, got a very nasty trajectory for Hertha keeper Jarstein and hit an untenable top right.
28. TOOOR for Leipzig. Sabitzer with a flutter ball from 30 meters. No chance for Jarstein.
26. Cunha, Cunha, Cunha! From his own half he goes through the entire Leipzig defense. And is only pushed out shortly before the Leipzig keeper.
24. Poulsen escapes Dardai on the right. But his shot rolls far to the left of the gate.
23. Next Hertha chance! Piatek pass from the right into the middle, Klostermann spits the ball in front of Lukebakio to the corner. It kicks Dardai – but doesn’t bring in anything.
22. Attentive Jarstein! He smells a pass in the top and grabs the ball.
18. Best lecture by Hertha: Mittelstädt goes steeply over left, good pass in the middle to Piatek, but he misses the ball by a few centimeters.
15 minutes around. Intense game. the teams neutralize each other well in midfield. Hertha makes the rooms very tight, does not let the strong table runner-up into the game.
14. Poulsen comes to the end in the penalty area, shot is blocked, but looked strong offside anyway.
10. Dardai with the next good action. He blocks a cross from Angelino so skillfully that there is no corner but a goal kick. Luck is also part of it …
7. Cunha with the first good scene for Hertha. Long ball from Jarstein, the Brazilian comes in the penalty area from an acute angle, no problem for the Leipzig keeper.
3:24 p.m. Leipzig has also made some changes. Orban, Halstenberg, Hwang and Poulsen come in, Mukiele, Upamecano, Kampl and Nkunku sit outside.
3:13 p.m. Dardai continues about his son Marton: “Maybe he felt it all week. But he only found out today. We are firmly convinced that the young players can do the job. Marton has a good image in the team, you can feel that. I am not afraid that it will be interpreted as an advantage for him. It’s always an ass card for a coach’s son. He has to play twice as well as others. ”
3:07 p.m. Pal Dardai: I had to watch him first. But it got better and better during the training. We’re not sure it’s enough for 90 minutes. But he’s ready. ”
3:06 p.m. Nagelsmann about Sami Khedira: “He has gained a lot in his life, was successful everywhere. He can be a great role model for Hertha talents. He will bring Hertha forward. ”
3:05 p.m. RB coach Julian Nagelsmann on Marton Dardai’s debut: “Apparently he trained so well that he is in the starting line-up.”
3:04 p.m. But it’s not that simple! Because coach Dardai also has some surprises in store. Among other things, the starting XI debut of his son Marton Dardai.
3:01 p.m. The signs are pretty clear. Leipzig has only lost one of the last six Bundesliga games, and greets stable from second place. Hertha, on the other hand, has been without a win for seven games and is level on points with Bielefeld, who is sixteenth, in 15th place. So everything is clear, isn’t it?
2:58 p.m. Hello and a warm welcome to the BZ live ticker Hertha against RB Leipzig.
Hertha: Jarstein – Klünter, Stark, Dardai, Mittelstädt – Khedira, Tousart – Lukebakio, Cunha, Leckie – Piatek
RB Leipzig: Gulacsi – Orban, Klostermann, Halstenberg – Adams, Sabitzer, Haidara, Angelino – Olmo, Hwang, – Poulsen
Hertha BSC against RB Leipzig at 3:30 p.m. here in the BZ live ticker