Jump to content
- Ambri-Piotta turns the National League game against the ZSC Lions after 0: 1 deficit and wins in the Hallenstadion with 3: 2.
- Brendan Perlini (2) and Jannik Fischer turn things around in the last 10 minutes.
- This means that the people of Zurich are left behind in the third meeting of the season with the Ticino.
It’s like a curse that haunts ZSC in their games against Ambri this season. Even in the third attempt, the Zurich can not cheer against the weak opponent. The Lions lost 2: 3 – even though they were 1-0 up 10 minutes before the end. A déjà-vu: As in the first two games, the Leventines managed to turn this game around.
Brendan Perlini and Jannik Fischer caused fireworks in the final minutes, which came as a surprise after a manageable 50 minutes:
- 51. Minute: Perlini pulls off alone on ZSC goalie Lukas Flüeler and does not miss the chance to score his first National League goal.
- 57. Minute: Lions defender Tim Berni curves in front of his own goal, but gets stuck with his skate on Flüeler – and the disc actually lands in his own box. The goal goes to Fischer, who last touched the puck.
- 59. Minute: Perlini seems to have suddenly overcome his jam and makes the seemingly preliminary decision.
Somehow it suited this game that the Lions scored another goal with an empty goal and made hearts beat faster again. But Ambri brought the victory over the round and was happy to have left and stopped the defeat series at 7 games.
Previously, Sven Andrighetto had scored the only goal of the evening in favor of the Lions. Halfway through the game, the Zürcher managed a shorthander that was special in several ways:
- Points series: It is the 18th game in a row that Andrighetto has scored.
- League Croesus: The NL top scorer has already hit the mark 21 times this season and is level with Freiburg’s Killian Mottet.
- Outnumbered Kings: The Lions had already scored two shorthanders against the Lakers on Saturday. For Andrighetto it is the 4th underpaid goal of the season.
sportflash, SRF Zwei, February 22nd, 2021, 10:20 pm; jaw
Most read articles
[ source link ]
#3rd victory #3rd direct duel Ambri defeats Lions turn sport