The re is also a lack of clarity as to how the vaccines work against the new highly contagious virus mutants.
On February 16, 2021 it became known that another company, the US pharmaceutical company Johnson & Johnson, had applied to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for approval of its corona vaccine. A decision on this could be made by mid-March. Only one injection is required with the Johnson & Johnson preparation.
More about vaccination
- South Africa stops giving AstraZeneca vaccine (SWR2 impulse, 9.2.2021)
- How Good Is The AstraZeneca Vaccine Really? Ulm virologist Thomas Mertens classifies (SWR Aktuell, 9.2.2021)
- How effective are the vaccines against corona mutants? (SWR Knowledge, 8.2.2021)
- Current status of vaccine research (SWR Wissen, 4.2.2021)
- Curevac and GKS want to develop new vaccines against more contagious corona variants (SWR2 impulse, 3.2.2021)
- This is how the production of corona vaccines works (SWR Wissen, 2.2.2021)
- Merkel defends the results of the vaccination summit (SWR Aktuell, 02/02/2021)
- Pharmaceutical company Bayer wants to produce Curevac vaccine: Current information on the Curevac vaccine (SWR Aktuell, 2.2.2021)
- How risky is the corona vaccination for seriously ill elderly people? (SWR Knowledge, 19.1.2021)
- This is how the AstraZeneca vaccine works (SWR Wissen, 12.1.2021)
The se are the differences between the vaccines from Biontech and Moderna (SWR Wissen, 5.1.2021)
News about the corona pandemic at SWR Aktuell: