Despite Corona: Holidays at Easter are possible in these countries
In Germany, some politicians have rejected the Easter holiday. In other countries it is possible – for vaccinated people.
- Many people long for vacation after a year of the corona pandemic
- But the first politicians have already rejected trips within Germany at Easter
- However, some holidays abroad are possible
- Some countries are already preparing for vaccinated guests
With the start of vaccination in Germany, the debate about privileges for vaccinated people began. Federal Minister of Health Jens Spahn already rejected them in December. But reality has long since created facts – even when it comes to vacation trips.
Saxony’s Prime Minister Michael Kretschmer does not think that vacationing in Germany is imaginable. The Federal government does not want to decide yet what is possible until April and the borders with the Czech Republic and Tyrol are mostly closed to those entering the country. Read about it: This applies to entry from the Czech Republic, Tyrol and Co.
Despite Corona: Söder sees opportunities for an Easter holiday
Bavaria’s Prime Minister Markus Söder but still sees opportunities for an Easter holiday this year. “Easter is still completely open,” said the CSU boss on Friday after a video conference with Chancellor Angela Merkel (CDU) and Bavarian local politicians. Whether travel will be possible by then will be decided in the next three weeks, says Söder. At the federal and state conference on March 3, the situation could be better assessed.
Söder currently sees Germany in a “highly sensitive phase” of the pandemic. It is a tightrope walk between worries and wishes. It is shown that the number of infections is currently only falling slightly, but at the same time the proportion of detected infections with virus mutations is rising steeply.
Nevertheless, there are several countries in which vacation is already possible without entry restrictions and quarantine – as long as you have been vaccinated or have survived a Covid 19 disease. An overview:
Where vacation for corona vaccinated people is already possible
- Madeira: The Foreign Office (AA) classifies mainland Portugal as a virus variant area with the corresponding travel restrictions. But a trip to Madeira is possible. As the tourist office of the popular holiday island in the Atlantic reports, fully vaccinated people do not have to show a negative PCR test.
The vaccination certificate must be in English and contain important information such as name, date of birth, type of vaccine and date of vaccination. People who have survived a corona infection in the past 90 days are also exempt from the obligation to test. However, this must be proven with a medical certificate. All other visitors to the island must still present a negative PCR test.
The corona test is also not required for this group of people. This is stipulated by the current entry regulations. Otherwise, if you want to travel to Poland on vacation without having to be in quarantine, you need a negative PCR test, which must not be older than 48 hours.
The same applies to people who have recovered from Corona in the past 90 days. According to the AA, the second vaccination dose must have been administered at least ten days before entering Romania. If the infection has survived, at least 14 days must have passed from the test result to entry.
- Estonia: A trip to Estonia is possible without restriction for vaccinated and convalescent people. Both vaccination and recovery must have occurred in the past six months. In both cases medical evidence must be presented, which can be found in the travel and safety information of the Foreign Office for Estonia.
Corona – More information on the topic
In Israel and the Seychelles, people vaccinated against corona do not have to be quarantined
The Caucasus country allows unrestricted entry by air for people who are fully vaccinated against the virus and have proof of it. A vaccine that requires two injections requires both doses. All others require a PCR test, which must not be older than 72 hours. According to the AA, another test is necessary after entry.
- Israel: Hardly any other country in the world is making progress with vaccinating its population as quickly as Israel. In the Mediterranean country, vaccinated people are therefore again given greater freedom. This also applies to foreigners who want to come to the country. According to information from the AA, there are exceptions to the test and quarantine obligation for travelers who can prove that they have already been vaccinated or have been sick with Covid-19. Read about it: So Israel became world champion in vaccination
- Seychelles: In the island state in the Indian Ocean, there is at least no quarantine requirement for travelers who can prove a complete vaccination.
The vaccination must be two weeks ago, according to the travel advice of the AA. However: A negative PCR test not older than 72 hours must still be submitted.
Corona vaccination – More about the vaccines:
Greece wants to make vacation possible for vaccinated people in summer
The people who are vaccinated must be allowed to travel freely,” demanded the Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis weeks ago.
EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen has also spoken out in favor of an EU-wide recognized certificate for a corona vaccination. “I welcome the initiative of the Greek Prime Minister,” said von der Leyen of the Athens newspaper “Ta Nea”. What still has to be decided, however, is a Europe-wide regulation and how the trips can take place. According to von der Leyen, this can only be discussed when a large part of the population has been vaccinated. Read about it: In the EU, doubts are growing in von der Leyen’s crisis management
Spain, Portugal and Malta have already given their approval for an EU vaccination pass. Also in Australia a vaccination could come for travelers.
Traveling despite Corona – More on the topic
Do I have to be vaccinated against Corona for a flight or a cruise?
The BDL aviation association promptly made it clear that it did not think so. Also read: Corona vaccination: millionaire wants to offer vaccination on the plane
The se include the most relevant shipping companies for German holidaymakers Aida Cruises, TUI Cruises, Hapag-Lloyd Cruises, MSC Cruises and Costa. Ultimately, however, the ports called have a say in this. According to the AA, cruise ships are allowed to dock in the large port of Funchal on Madeira, for example. However, a decision is made on a case-by-case basis about whether the passengers should go ashore. (dpa / yes)