The event is organized annually by Female Founders, in 2021 for the third time in a row. The aim of the two-day conference is to “increase the proportion of women in the tech and innovation industry” and thereby make them more diverse. Female Founders pursues the vision of “changing society and the economy sustainably” and sees women as the driving force of change that leads the way to an equal future. That is why it is important to strive for “balanced representation” of the sexes, especially in areas where the quota of women is extremely low – such as in the tech scene.
This year online
- attract more female talent to the tech scene, be it at the startup or corporate level
- increasing the volume of funding for companies run by women
- Dorothee Ritz, General Manager of Microsoft Austria
- Runtastic founder Florian Gschwandtner
- aws managing director Edeltraud Stiftinger
- Hopin-Gründer Johnny Boufarhat
- Andrea Schuller Legacy, Head of Customer & Service UNIQA
- Brittany Keith, Product Manager at Volkswagen
- Caroline Hjelm, CMO of E-Scooter Startup Voi
- Cecilia McAleavey, Director of Sustainable Eating bei Oatly
- Nina Julie Lepique, founder of femtasy, a startup that offers erotic audio stories
- 70 other speakers from 14 nations
Tickets available at Hopin
The conference is aimed at people from the startup ecosystem as well as from the corporate world and, above all, students who want to find their first job in the tech scene. The aim is to offer corporations the opportunity to get “unique access” to talent, specialists should be able to network with potential employers and investors should be able to “access a promising deal flow”.
Lisa Fassl, Co-Founder and CEO of Female Founders: “With Lead Today. Shape Tomorrow. In 2021 we will focus on the extraordinary women who are already working in the Tech and Innovation Space. We want to show that we owe a lot of technological advances to women and thus show that this area is very interesting for girls and women. Technology should be made for people of all genders and backgrounds, not just by men for men. The only way to change this is to diversify this area and give more women a place at the innovation table. ”Whoever wants to participate: The exact schedule can be found on the event’s homepage, tickets are available from 29 euros via Hopin.
Gender Equality: Speedinvest and Female Founders will cooperate more closely in the future