Unfortunately, there is still no official Spotify app for Oculus Quest. With the following interim solution from Reddit user ConfusionJRPG, you can still stream your Spotify playlists into your VR glasses, even while gaming or hanging out in social VR apps. Requirement is a Premium Account.
How about Rammstein at Gorn, Rocky soundtrack at Thrill of the Fight or a little chill out at Puzzling Places?
Instructions: This is how you listen to Spotify with Oculus Quest (2):
Proceed as follows:
- Opens the Oculus browser.
- Go to spotify.com and log into your user account.
- Plays any song.
- Start the VR app in which you want to listen to Spotify music.
The music is usually interrupted.
- Turns off the music in the VR app, if available.
- Open the same Spotify user account on a smartphone or computer and select the output device: Web Player (Chrome).
- Voilà! You should now hear the Spotify music in the Oculus Quest. If you want to change the song, you have to do this on your smartphone or computer. You can adjust the volume with the computer and smartphone or Quest.
Have fun listening to music!
Source: Reddit, cover picture: Facebook
Read more about Oculus Quest 2:
Order Oculus Quest 2 from Germany
Oculus Quest 2 is not sold in Germany for the time being. It is not known how long this sales ban will last.
At Amazon France you can buy the Oculus Quest 2 normally. tip: Right click on the website and select “Translate”.
Oculus Quest – 64GB | Oculus Quest – 256GB
The VR glasses support German language in the menus. A regional block on Facebook is currently not active – Quest 2 works as normal. Amazon France delivers within a few days, and some of the devices are even shipped from warehouses in Germany.
Oculus Quest (2): Listening to Spotify while playing – Instructions was last modified: February 22nd, 2021 by