Dry Drowning is a visual novel that casts a ruthless glimpse into the near future in which people in positions of power abuse their influence. The game immerses the player in the dystopian future world of Mordred Foley, a plagued private detective on the mission to unmask a serial killer. In addition to its own dark past, Foley’s world is marked by tyranny and the hunger for power of the social top, which is driving society to ruin.
Features von Dry Drowning:
- Decisions that really matter: 150+ branches of history and three completely different endings.
- Moral decisions that affect the relationships between characters and the game environment in the up to 20-hour thriller.
- A sophisticated hint system for investigations: players learn more about the city of Nova Polemos and its citizens through dialogue, evidence, objects and character biographies.
- Horror-style interrogation: Evidence must be used to reconstruct cases, uncover intrigue and deception, and uncover the truth with Dry Drowning’s “Living Nightmare” system.
- Players must research flashbacks and old cases to solve new ones.
- The dynamic soundtrack contains more than 40 dramatic and emotional tracks.
- A balanced mix of western and eastern visual art throws a unique light on the gloomy futuristic setting, in which cyberpunk and retro elements coexist harmoniously.
Dry Drowning is coming to Nintendo Switch on February 22nd and is already available for PC via Steam, GOG, Utomik and itch.io. A free demo including the first two hours of play is also available for PC.
More information about dry drowning can be found on the official website.