NRW Prime Minister Armin Laschet (CDU) and Minister of Education Yvonne Gebauer (FDP) informed on Wednesday (February 10th) following the federal-state consultations about the further corona measures in North Rhine-Westphalia. Most important point: the procedure in schools.
- Armin Laschet and Yvonne Gebauer commented on Wednesday (February 10, 2021) around 8.15 p.m. after the deliberations of the federal and state governments.
- You can follow the statements of Armin Laschet and Yvonne Gebauer again in the video – free of charge, of course.
From February 22nd, schools will gradually return to face-to-face teaching. If the incidence is below 50, all schools should offer local classes again.
Corona lockdown in NRW: Laschet and Gebauer inform about the return to classroom teaching
- Education Minister Gebauer was relieved by the decision that in future each federal state will be able to decide for itself how to proceed in schools. The NRW Plan: From February 22 should it with one Alternation model in elementary and special schools as well as in final classes go on.
- After that is also the Incidence value decisive: If it falls below 50, should all schools in the country are again offering local lessons. Gebauer intends to provide the schools with all the information they need for preparation and the processes on Thursday (February 11).
- For the retail sector, on the other hand, there is no prospect of quick easing. Just As an exception, hairdressers may reopen from March 1st. The obligation to reserve an appointment applies; a medical mask or an FFP2 mask must be worn while visiting the hairdresser.
NRW press conference on February 10th – What did Armin Laschet say today?
At this point you can read all the important information and statements from Armin Laschet and Yvonne Gebauer clearly summarized.
- On Thursday (February 11th) the specifications for the reopening will be sent to the schools in North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Teachers can get tested for the coronavirus twice a week.
- At a Incidence below 50, all schools in North Rhine-Westphalia will switch to face-to-face teaching.
- One is planned Interchangeable model for elementary and special schools as well as for graduating classes.
- Gebauer is giving notice, especially for elementary school students more face-to-face classes from February 22nd.
- From March 1st, hairdressing salons in NRW are allowed to reopen.
- Laschet demands: Educators and teachers should be upgraded from the third to the second group in terms of vaccination priorities.
- NRW will from February 22nd more lessons in schools to offer.
- Every federal state will decide for itself about possible school openings in the coming weeks. “We want to react now,” announced Laschet.
- The previous restrictions will remain in place until March 7th.
- Laschet have den Incidence value of 67 in NRW emerged. The lowest value since mid-October gives hope for improvement.
- The start of the PK with Laschet and Gebauer is delayed by a few minutes. (bc)