Suspect in custody after attacks with explosive mail

0
3


After three attacks with explosive mail on food companies in the German federal states of Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria, a 66-year-old suspect is in custody.  The  Heidelberg public prosecutor and the Baden-Württemberg State Criminal Police Office announced this on Saturday. © www.de24.news

 The  authorities reported that the arrest of the man had already been ordered on Friday evening.

Special police forces arrested the pensioner at his place of residence, it said. © www.de24.news

 The  man from the Ulm area, who was previously unknown to the police, did not resist the arrest.

Initially, the suspect did not provide any information about the allegations made against him. In particular, the investigations into the shipping route and the type of explosives packages had brought the special commission on Friday on the track of the man, it said in the message.

Letter bomb exploded

In the past few days, two mail items exploded at the Wild Works (“Capri-Sun”) in Eppelheim and at the headquarters of the Lidl supermarket chain in Neckarsulm. To this end, the police in Bavaria last timely intercepted an explosive mail that was addressed to the baby food manufacturer Hipp. © www.de24.news

 The  investigations after the explosions were carried out with great personnel expenditure. 100 officers investigated the cases.

“In particular, the investigations into the shipping route and the type of explosives packages led the special commission on the trail of February 19,” says a joint press release from LKA and prosecutor’s office.





[ source link ]
https://kurier.at/chronik/welt/nach-angriffen-mit-explosiven-postsendungen-verdaechtiger-in-u-haft/401195093

Suspect custody attacks explosive mail

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here