“Bares for Rares”: Couple wants to sell Karl Lagerfeld design – expert baffled: “Completely sick”
Everyone knows his name: Karl Lagerfeld. Even after his death, he is still considered one of the greatest fashion designers of all time. Now he has to “Cash for rares” made. Okay, we have to be honest. It’s not the real Karl Lagerfeld whoCash for rares” has achieved. After all, the designer has unfortunately been dead for two years.
But as a teddy bear, Karl Lagerfeld ended up with “Cash for rares“. Sonja and Thomas Brand from Weyhausen brought their limited Steiff “Karl Lagerfeld” to the ZDF– Junk shipment.
“Bares for Rares”: Lagerfeld bear was strictly limited
Only 2,500 pieces of the rare teddy were produced worldwide. But is the Lagerfeld bear also precious? Yes, if you want to believe “Bares for Rares” expert Sven Deutschmanek.
This is “Bares for Rares”:
- “Bares for Rares” is a junk show
- The program has been broadcast on ZDF since 2013
- It is moderated by Horst Lichter
- There is a fixed pool of “Bares for Rares” dealers and experts
- They look at the objects the seller has brought with them
- If both sides agree, the sellers get a good price for their antiques
- The new episodes are always on weekdays at 3 p.m.
- Registration takes place online
“It was a commissioned work,” explains Deutschmanek. “He said I would like a teddy bear. With the ulterior motive to earn money with it. It’s just like that. ”In 2008 a Karl Bear cost 1,000 euros.
“Bares for Rares”: After Lagerfeld’s death, the bear fetched horrific prices
But after his death the prices got horrendous. “When he passed away in 2019, the prices for these bears went through the roof. That was completely sick, I have to add, ”explains Deutschmanek, shocked by the sums that were once paid. Unfortunately the prices have fallen again. But anyway, due to its great condition, the bear is still selling well.
This should also be reflected in the price. You can get around 2,000 to 2,500 euros for this, according to Deutschmanek.
More about “Bares for Rares”:
“Bares for Rares”: Woman really wants to get rid of the watch – “It won’t come home again!”
“Bares for Rares”: Dealer gives fatal advice – expert Albert Maier vehemently contradicts
But things were slow for the dealers at first. Fabian Kahl and Co. wanted to pay just the purchase price. It was only when Sonja Brand made it very clear that she would not sell below 2,000 that Elke Velten-Tönnies took heart. She gave the 2,000 euros and the bear went to her gallery.
This is Sven Deutschmanek:
- Sven Horst Deutschmanek was born on June 5, 1976 in Steinheim
- He is a trained car mechanic
- In the 1990s he discovered his passion for antiques and ran a shop in Schieder-Schwalenberg
- In 2014 Sven Deutschmanek became known through the ZDF junk show “Bares for Rares”
- He lives in Bad Salzuflen with his wife Simone and their two children
Not as much as she wanted was recently given to a dog hairdresser. Wendela Horz’s expertise had given hope for more.
A controversial painting sparked discussion at “Bares for Rares”. What happened?
Of all people, Waldi, the public’s favorite, recently had to disappoint a saleswoman.
Where are the “Bares for Rares” shops?
Have you always wanted to visit one of the “Bares for Rares” retailers? We have listed them for you here once.
[ source link ]
Bares Rares Couple Lagerfeld Design Expert Completely Sick