Blizzard Entertainment has started the closed beta test of World of WarCraft: The Burning Crusade Classic. In the course of the test, the developers repeatedly invite selected beta testers in several waves. Those who are allowed to participate in the beta will usually receive an email from [email protected] as confirmation. The subject of the email is “[Name des WoW-Charakters], here is your invitation to the beta of World of Warcraft Burning Crusade Classic. “In the Battle.net Launcher the beta version can then be selected in the version selection window under” In development “(bottom left). Feedback is collected in the English Classic forum .
Beta participants can create new characters (including blood elves or draenei at level 1), use the template for new characters at level 58 or copy the current WoW Classic characters to the beta realm. After that, the exploration of Outland and the ascent to level 70 can begin. The extension download was approximately 4 GB with WoW Classic installed.
The first steps in The Burning Crusade Classic, starting with crossing the Dark Portal and visiting the Honor Hold on the Hellfire Peninsula (Alliance), can be seen in the following (uncommented) game scene video. The video was recorded with maximum graphic details (level 10) and maximum visibility including ray tracing shadows.
Blizzard gives the following tips to install the client and get access to the beta of the game:
- “Make sure your graphics card drivers are up to date.
- Launch the Battle.net Desktop App – an update may be required if you haven’t launched it recently. If you haven’t installed the app yet, you can download it here.
- Once Battle.net is installed and up to date, select World of Warcraft from your list of games.
- In the “Game Version” drop-down menu above the “Play” button, select Burning Crusade (under “In Development”) and click “Install”.
- After the installation is complete, click on “Play” to log into the PTR and select one of the available test servers.
- Create a new test character or use the “Copy Character” button to copy a character from your Live WoW Classic account.
- Enter the game and test the content. “
World of WarCraft: The Burning Crusade Classic will be released later this year. Access to TBC Classic will be included in the “normal” subscription membership. It is not necessary to purchase the first extension separately. Before the release, World of WarCraft Classic players will have the choice of whether their characters want to stay on the realms that are being converted to The Burning Crusade, or whether they want to stay with World of WarCraft Classic or rather on the new Classic era. Want to move servers. So there will be servers that will be expanded with The Burning Crusade Classic, while other servers will remain at the level of World of WarCraft Classic (details).
As with WoW Classic, the content of World of WarCraft: The Burning Crusade Classic is to be unlocked in several phases. Five stages are currently planned, although the plan could still change:
- Phase 1: The Karazhan Raids, Gruul’s Lair and Magtheridon’s Chamber
- Stage 2: Serpent Shrine Cave, Tempest Keep, and Arena Season 1
- Stage 3: Hyjal, Black Temple, Arena Season 2
- Stage 4: Zul’Aman and Season 3 of the Arena
- Phase 5: The Sunwell and Season 4 of the Arena
The basic version (balance of classes, skills and items) of World of WarCraft: The Burning Crusade Classic will be version 2.4.3 by the way. 2.4.3 was the last update released for the extension. Last current video: Announcement trailer
[ source link ]
Closed beta test started prelude video