The investigation against the rioters is in full swing. In an interview, the leading prosecutor reiterated that Donald Trump’s role in the attack on the US parliament is under further investigation.
The lead prosecutor in the investigation into the attack on the US Capitol said in an interview that former US President Donald Trump may have been directly criminally guilty.
“It is clear that Trump was the magnet that brought people to Washington DC on June 6th. Now the question is, is he criminally guilty of everything that happened during the attack?” Michael Sherwin said in an interview with the news magazine “60 Minutes”. “Our people are taking a close look at everything,” the prosecutor in charge continued.
Five people, including a police officer, were killed in the storm on the Capitol following a Trump rally on January 6. Trump is accused of inciting the mob.
Acting US attorney general Jeffrey Rosen had promised rigorous prosecution of the Capitol rioters. So far, more than 400 people have been charged – including four leading members of the right-wing radical group “Proud Boys”. The four men are accused of conspiracy, obstructing security forces and destroying government property, among other things.