On the penultimate day of the intermediate round in the bet-at-home ICE Hockey League, further decisions can be made in the Qualification Round.
Should the EC GRAND Immo VSV have at least three points ahead of the Steinbach Black Wings 1992 and at least four points ahead of the Moser Medical Graz99ers after the match day on Friday, they would be guaranteed the eighth and final playoff ticket.
FR, 05.03.2021, 19:15 HOUR: HC TIWAG INNSBRUCK – THE SHARKS – MOSER MEDICAL GRAZ99ers
REFEREES: BERNEKER, SIEGEL, Nothegger, Seewald. I >> PPV-LIVESTREAM <<
- HC TIWAG Innsbruck – Die Haie is the only team so far that has no chance of qualifying for the playoff. Opponent Moser Medical Graz99ers is one place ahead of the Tyroleans in the table and is currently three points behind the table third, the EC GRAND Immo VSV.
- In order to stay in the race for a playoff place, Graz may be a maximum of three points behind the VSV after the matchday on Friday. Since, in the event of a possible tie at the end of the qualification round, the final score after basic round phase 1 is used, the 99ers could still overtake the Carinthians on the last day of the game.
- In the first duel of the Qualification Round Graz managed a close 3-2 home win over the “Haie”. It was their third victory in the fifth duel of the season.
- In the H2H, the duel is completely balanced. Both teams were able to win 52 of the 104 matches to date.
- Both teams have been waiting for a win for three games. In addition, both teams have a home or away weakness.
- While HCI was only victorious in one of the last five home games, G99 only managed one win of the last five games abroad.
- The Achilles heels of Graz were the special teams for the entire season. Both in power play (15.7%) and in penalty killing (77.7%), the Styrians only occupy eleventh and last place. Innsbruck is only marginally better in both statistics (PP – 17.3% & PK – 78.6%).
- With Daniel Ciampini, the “Haie” have the second best goalscorer (25G) in the league in their ranks. The 30-year-old Canadian has played a key role in the Tyroleans’ high scoring efficiency. With 10.79% they are in second place in this statistic.
- On the side of the 99ers, Daniel Oberkofler and Dominik Grafenthin will still be missing, otherwise the complete squad is available.
FR, 05.03.2021, 19:15 UHR: EC GRAND IMMO VSV – ICLINIC BRATISLAVA CAPITALS
REFEREES: SMETANA, STERNAT, Bedynek, Gatol. I >> PPV-LIVESTREAM <<
- In its first season, the iClinic Bratislava Capitals made it into the playoffs. With the 3-2 away win at Graz on Tuesday, the Slovaks are guaranteed the post-season. The EC GRAND Immo VSV still has to tremble about this. Due to the 3-5 home defeat on Tuesday against the Steinbach Black Wings in 1992, the lead over the Upper Austrians is only two points.
- Villach would fix the playoff entry if they have at least three points ahead of Black Wings and four points ahead of Graz after the matchday on Friday.
- For Villach, the defeat against Linz was the first after two victories in a row. Bratislava won the last two games.
- In the previous five clashes, the Capitals had the upper hand four times. Only in the first duel of the Pick Round did the “Eagles” prevail (5: 3). The 30-year-old Canadian Jordan Caron scored two goals. The attacker has a total of 25 points on the scoreboard. His scoring streak is four games.
- In terms of scoring efficiency, the VSV is only in eleventh and last place with 7.87%. Still, with 29 goals scored, they are the team with the most goals in the Qualification Round.
- At Villach, in addition to long-term injuries Benjamin Lanzinger, Daniel Wachter, Patrick Bjorkstrand, Philipp Kreuzer and Christof Wappis, Renars Krastenbergs and Benedikt Wohlfahrt (both upper body injuries) are not available for the upcoming games.
FRI, 03/05/2021, 7:15 PM: STEINBACH BLACK WINGS 1992 – DORNBIRN BULLDOGS
REFEREES: OFNER, PIRAGIC, Bärnthaler, Kontschieder. I >> SKY SPORT AUSTRIA <<
- The Sky Sport Austria live game will be played by the Steinbach Black Wings 1992 and the Dornbirn Bulldogs on Friday. While the Black Wings need a win to stay in the race for the final playoff spot, the Bulldogs are already firmly qualified for the post-season.
- Dornbirn is currently the table leader in the Qualification Round, tied with the iClinic Bratislava Capitals. Linz is in fourth place. The gap to the third placed EC GRAND Immo VSV and thus the last playoff place is two points.
- The Black Wings remain in the race for the playoffs if they are a maximum of two points behind the VSV after the matchday on Friday.
- In the first duel in the Qualification Round, the Black Wings got the upper hand 4-1. It was the second victory in a row for the Vorarlbergers. Dornbirn won both season games in the Keine Sorge Eisarena in Linz.
- Both teams are currently in good shape. BWI won three of the last five games, DEC won all of the last three games.
- At home, the Upper Austrians are currently a force. Five wins from the last five games speak for themselves.
- BWI is clearly ahead in the H2H. From the previous 43 clashes, the “Stahlstädter” were able to win 29.
- With Brian Lebler, Linz has the league’s top goalscorer in its ranks. Thanks to a hat trick in the last game, the 32-year-old already has 31 goals of the season. The right-winger was the first player of the season to break the 30-goal mark. The Austrian international has scored at least 30 goals in four of the last five seasons.