Meghan Markle compares herself to THIS Disney princess, of all people
Granted in her TV interview with Oprah Winfrey Meghan Markle an emotional look behind the scenes. For 90 minutes she reported on the agony she suffered as a royal.
It is hardly understandable for outsiders. Stressed several times Meghan Markle: “Nothing is what it seems.” Then she made a comparison that finally opened the eyes of the audience.
Meghan Markle can identify with Disney’s Ariel
At the beginning, their love story looked like a fairy tale coming true. Meghan Markle lived the dream of many girls and married a prince. They had their first child just a year after the big wedding. Everything seemed to be perfect, but behind the doors of the palace your own fairytale film is said to have turned out to be an absolute horror flick.
The 39-year-old now revealed to Oprah Winfrey that she felt like Disney’s Ariel. The mermaid from the world-famous cartoon fell in love with a prince. In order to be able to live with him on land, she had to make a pact with the sea witch Ursula and sold her her soul to him. In doing so, Arielle also lost her voice.
This is Meghan Markle:
- Rachel Meghan Markle was born on August 4th, 1981 in Los Angeles (USA)
- Through her father Thomas Markle, who worked as a lighting director, the young Meghan Markle came to acting
- She became a world star in the “Suits” series of lawyers
- On May 19, 2018, Meghan Markle tied the vows to British Prince Harry and became the Duchess of Sussex and has been a Royals ever since
- Before her marriage to Prince Harry, she was already married to producer Trevor Engelson – the two divorced in 2013
- On May 6, 2019, their son Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor was born
- On February 14, 2021, Meghan Markle made her second pregnancy public
This comparison is bursting with symbolism. Because Meghan also had to cast her vote when she married Prince Harry. As a member of the royal family, she was a representative who was not allowed to make statements on her own – and certainly not to become political. Above all, the women’s movement is very important to the American.
Meghan Markle also had to say goodbye to very mundane items such as her driver’s license, passport or bunch of keys when she moved in with the Royals.
Meghan Markle experiences a happy ending: “In the end, she gets her vote back”
“I thought, ‘Oh my god, she falls in love with the prince and because of that, she loses her voice.’ But in the end she gets her vote back, “Meghan Markle explained in the Oprah interview.
More about Meghan Markle:
Meghan Markle admits: “Kate made me cry” – it happened just before the wedding
Queen Elizabeth II: These words from Meghan Markle about the Queen are surprising
Meghan Markle talks suicidal thoughts – “I was ashamed to say that”
In the meantime, Meghan Markle has also got her voice back. She can finally use it for projects that really mean a lot to her.