Here you can find out what the developers of Outriders have improved since the demo and how cheaters are punished.
At the moment the demo is still playable, but in less than a week, on April 1st, the game Outriders will be released. Developer People Can Fly and publisher Square Enix keep the community up to date via Twitter and Reddit. The latest update deals with the differences between the demo and final launch version, measures against hackers and the release:
Pre-loading & publishing
- Xbox players can now download Outriders and the game will be playable from 0:00 on April 1st.
- PlayStation players will be able to download the game from March 30th and will also be able to play it from midnight on April 1st.
- PC players who purchase the game from Steam or the Epic Game Store cannot download Outriders yet, the game will be playable on PC and Google Stadia from 5:00 p.m. on April 1st.
- Crossplay is fully integrated and thus leaves the beta.
- It is set to “On” by default.
- PC players can transfer their teammates from the demo version directly to the friends list, console players have to wait for a future patch.
- “Quick Mark” function is added. This allows you to automatically select multiple items in your inventory based on their rarity. Of course you can still select items manually.
- Improvements to the travel voting system (for groups) and the cover system, i.e. hiding behind cover.
- Bug fixes
- Quieter and better camera work in cut scenes
- Adjustments of the frame rates in cutscenes:
- PC gamers can choose between 30, 60, 90 and 120fps
- Xbox Series X | S and PlayStation 5 owners are “locked” at 60fps
- Xbox One and PlayStation 4 players will only have 30fps per cutscene
- For players who have lost their legendaries through an earlier bug fix, there will be an event through which you can reclaim them.
- The event takes place once for each player on March 25th and any legendary weapon that you lost before March 22nd will be added back to your savegame.
Cheating und Hacking
- So far, 200 players have been found out of 2 million players who have apparently cheated (0.01%). According to the developer, a player was even discovered who gave himself 600 legendary weapons.
- Cheaters and hackers who have been identified can no longer interact with normal players. Matchmaking will take longer because these people are only allowed to compete against other cheaters / hackers.
- Cheaters / hackers can still play the campaign normally.
- In the future, these players will receive a watermark on their screen so that screenshots show that this player has done something illegal.
Outriders will appear in Xbox Game Pass at launch.