UK launches vaccination booster offensive: “Will be ready”

0
0


It’s a big boost in the future: Great Britain wants to start a third round of vaccination as early as September, and drive-through vaccination centers are also planned. Entry is to be tightened.

To protect against new variants of the coronavirus, people in the UK are said to receive a third vaccination. Over 70-year-olds could get this “booster” vaccination as early as September, said State Secretary Nadhim Zahawi to the Daily Telegraph (Saturday). Medical staff and nursing staff should then also receive their third dose within ten months. Eight different vaccines would likely be available by the fall, Zahawi said. “Whatever the virus, we’ll be ready.”

The State Secretary announced that drive-through vaccination centers will soon open. You could then be vaccinated in the car, for example. This should reduce the vaccination skepticism of younger people as soon as it is their turn, said Zahawi.

30 million people have already received the first dose

The government has announced that all adults will receive a first dose of the coronavirus by the end of July. However, she has not made any specific announcements about the time after that. So far, around 30 million people have had their first dose injected, more than half of the adults.

However, with the spread of more contagious varieties, there is growing pressure on the government to protect the success of the vaccination program. The Guardian newspaper reported that the cabinet had discussed an expansion of the “red list” of high-risk countries. Anyone entering from these areas must be in hotel quarantine for ten days at their own expense.





[ source link ]
https://www.t-online.de/nachrichten/ausland/id_89739446/grossbritannien-startet-impf-booster-offensive-werden-bereit-sein-.html

launches vaccination booster offensive ready

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here