Works meeting at MAN Steyr | kurier.at

0
1


Before the start of the works meeting at the MAN plant in Steyr, in which investor Siegfried Wolf will present his takeover concept, Upper Austria’s governor Thomas Stelzer (ÖVP) stressed on Friday morning that state policy was “100 percent on the side of employee representatives”. On the sidelines of a press conference, however, it is clear that the truck manufacturer with headquarters in Munich is giving up the Steyr location.

In contact with MAN and the parent company VW, he got the impression: “The matter has been decided. From today’s perspective, after everything we have been told, MAN will not stay there longer than until the year 2023. Therefore, we are concerned with who can present a concept and is ready to invest so that we have a strong company there in the next 5, 10 or 15 years. ”

Ex-Magna Chef’s concept goes beyond this period, according to Stelzer. However, the country does not want to say, “We prefer investor A or B or C from the start. We are happy when there are investors who want to develop the location sustainably”.

Workforce representatives insist on negotiations with other bidders

In fact, MAN only negotiates with Wolf, which is viewed critically by the works council, since there is at least one other interested party who has not even been contacted so far. After the production in Steyr is at full capacity for this year, the board of directors would have enough time to examine alternatives, said workers’ works councilor Erich Schwarz repeatedly.





[ source link ]
https://kurier.at/wirtschaft/betriebsersammlung-bei-man-steyr/401332626

Works meeting MAN Steyr kurierat

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here