Now a graduation, albeit a bumpy one, from Kalajdzic. After his two goals against Scotland, he wants to go up today. But the shot is too weak and is not a threat.
The last minutes of this game are running. Austria now much more active, let’s hope it stays that way.
37. Minute: And that’s where the ÖFB team takes the lead. Baumgartner brings the ball into the goal after a low cross into the penalty area, it can go that fast.
32. Minute: The hit mobilized the ambition of the Austrians, they want more. Alaba crosses in the middle, the ball is deflected and falls onto the crossbar. And only a little later, Sabitzer tries to graduate, but the goalkeeper is there.
30. Minute: A defense attorney has to fix it. After a corner, Lainer’s ball is extended to the far post, where Dragovic is right and netting. 1: 1.
Nattestad again, with his head again. This time he has a chance after a cross in the penalty area, but Schlager clears for a corner.
26. Minute: Sabitzer on Alaba and he tries a long-range shot from around 17, 18 meters. The goalie can hold forward after a short ricochet.
25 minutes have been played. Austria currently lacks the necessary recipe. The Faroe Islands are always crossed into the penalty area, but they are still safe at the moment.
This of course puts the ÖFB team under even more pressure. And the Faroe Islands keep coming up here. Confident looks different at the moment.
18. Minute: And that’s when it happened. The blatant outsider meets the 1-0 lead here. Nattestad heads after the corner. Although the defender was supported by Trauner, the referee still gives the goal.
The first yellow card of the game is for Grillitsch after 17 minutes, plus a free kick for the Faroe Islands. Hendriksson brings this right on goal, but Schlager holds and clears for a corner.
First really good graduation of the Austrians. Kalajdzic picks up Sabitzer, who pulls half-volley, but the goalkeeper saves the shot. And after the corner, the ball almost lands in the goal again, but from Baumgartner’s knee the ball bounces against the post. And then the goalie can clarify.
Today at 8:57 PM
By the way, that’s the referee for this game: Kateryna Monsul.
The first graduation of the Faroese. The guests don’t hide here and try to play along themselves. The Austrians shouldn’t allow too much, even if the shot clearly passed.
The first 5 minutes are played. Austria set the tone, as expected, the Faroe Islands already with almost all players deep in their own half. Which of course doesn’t make it any easier for the ÖFB team. But they try, you can already see that here.
And it goes straight forward, the first minute is not even over. Alaba brings the ball flat in the middle, but the Faroe goalie saves.
We are ready, I hope you are too. In any case, Austria is challenged, it has to be a victory. The referee whistles for the game, now it’s time.
Can ÖFB captain David Alaba be heard as the two teams enter the field. It starts in 5 minutes, of course the hymns come first.